UP Free Bus Ride Scheme 2019: Uttar Pradesh government is going to launch the Free Bus Ride Scheme for BPL Families. For this, the State Govt will issue Smart Cards to poor people. With the help of this card, there is no need for offline/online ticket booking. Accordingly, this free bus fare scheme will benefit around 1 crore BPL families in the state. It will provide them with the facility of free bus travel in various govt buses.
In addition to the free bus fare, the government will also provide accidental insurance coverage of up to Rs 10 lakh per household. This insurance amount includes Rs 5 lakh coverage in case of death. Transport Dept of Uttar Pradesh has drafted this proposal of free bus travel for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. Now it sent for approval. This is a major step towards the empowerment of women and will provide them security in bus fares.
UP Free Bus Ride Scheme for BPL Families (Complete Details)
As we told you above that UP Free Bus Ride Scheme is a flagship scheme of Yogi Govt towards women safety. The important features of this scheme are as follows:
- This free travel scheme will provide absolutely free fares to the BPL citizens in any of government bus run by UP Transport Dept.
- This is a major decision of Yogi government to provide free bus rides as the general elections are nearby i.e in 2019.
- Afterward, the state transport department has prepared the proposal about a free bus ride and has already sent it approval.
- Under this scheme, the transport department will require Rs 2,990 per family to meet the expenses.
- Accordingly, the total revenue burden will remain around Rs 3,000 crore per annum for the successful implementation of this scheme.
- This scheme is going to benefit around one crore BPL families.
- Apart from that, the Transport Dept will issue Smart Cards to the BPL households which these citizens can utilize for free travel on govt buses.
- In addition to this, BPL candidates will also get accidental insurance of Rs 10 lakh per family including death insurance of Rs 5 lakh.
Furthermore, various other departments like Panchayati Raj, Rural Development, Agriculture and Health are proposed to bear the cost of implementation.
Uttar Pradesh Free Bus Ride Scheme Implementation-
Free Bus Ride Scheme is a major step towards the security of girls and women in rural areas and thus promote “Women Empowerment”. Henceforth, all the girls who opt for private transport due to the cheaper price of ticket booking and thus lead to harassment can now make free bus fare.
Transport Dept of Uttar Pradesh targets to connect all villages (Around 1.07 lakh) with bus services in the coming 5 years. Moreover, till date, UP Transport Dept is running buses which connects 58,000 villages covering around 18,000 km in the state.
Also Read: PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana 2019 Registration