Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Govt of India. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Candidates with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Under this Scheme, Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Central Government.
The Union Cabinet had approved India’s Largest Skill Certification Scheme, PMKVY on 20th March 2015. The Scheme was subsequently launched on July 15th, 2015 on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day by Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi. PMKVY is implemented by National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
With a vision of a “Skilled India”, MSDE aims to skill India on a large scale with speed and high standards. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme that is driving towards greater realization of this vision. Owing to its successful first year of implementation, the Union Cabinet has approved the scheme for another four years (2016-2020) to impact skilling to one crore youths of the country.
Key Components of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY Scheme)
The Short-Term Training imparted at PMKVY Training Centres (TCs) is expected to benefit candidates of Indian nationality who are either school/college dropouts or unemployed. Apart from providing training according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), TCs shall also impart training in Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, Financial and Digital Literacy. Duration of the training varies per job role, ranging between 150 and 300 hours. Upon successful completion of their assessment, candidates shall be provided placement assistance by Training Partners (TPs). Under PMKVY, the entire training and assessment fees are paid by the Government. Payouts shall be provided to the TPs in alignment with the Common Norms. Training imparted under the Short Term Training component of the Scheme shall be NSQF Level 5 and below.
- Recognition of Prior Learning: – Individuals with prior learning experience or skills shall be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme. RPL aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the NSQF. Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs), such as Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) or any other agencies designated by MSDE/NSDC, shall be incentivized to implement RPL projects in any of the three Project Types (RPL Camps, RPL at Employers Premises and RPL centers). To address knowledge gaps, PIAs may offer Bridge Courses to RPL candidates.
- Special Projects: – The Special Projects component of PMKVY envisages the creation of a platform that will facilitate training in special areas and/or premises of Government bodies, Corporates or Industry bodies, and training in special job roles not defined under the available Qualification Packs (QPs)/National Occupational Standards (NOSs). Special Projects are projects that require some deviation from the terms and conditions of Short-Term Training under PMKVY for any stakeholder. A proposing stakeholder can be either Government Institutions of Central and State Government(s)/Autonomous Body/Statutory Body or any other equivalent body or corporates who desire to provide training to candidates.
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela: – Social and community mobilization is extremely critical to the success of PMKVY. Active participation of the community ensures transparency and accountability and helps in leveraging the cumulative knowledge of the community for better functioning. In line with this, PMKVY assigns special importance to the involvement of the target beneficiaries through a defined mobilization process. TPs shall conduct Kaushal and Rozgar Melas every six months with press/media coverage; they are also required to participate actively in National Career Service Melas and on-ground activities.
- Placement Guidelines: – PMKVY envisages to link the aptitude, aspiration, and knowledge of the skilled workforce it creates with employment opportunities and demands in the market. Every effort thereby needs to be made by the PMKVY TCs to provide placement opportunities to candidates, trained and certified under the Scheme. TPs shall also provide support to entrepreneurship development.
Monitoring Guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY Scheme)-
To ensure that high standards of quality are maintained by PMKVY TCs, NSDC and empaneled Inspection Agencies shall use various methodologies, such as self-audit reporting, call validations, surprise visits, and monitoring through the Skills Development Management System (SDMS). These methodologies shall be enhanced by the engagement with the latest technologies.
The scheme will be implemented through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
Sanction Order Under State-Engagement Component of PMKVY (2016-20):
|Andaman and Nicobar||Andhra Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh||Assam|
|Bihar||Chandigarh||Chhattisgarh||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Daman and Diu||Delhi||Goa||Gujarat|
|Haryana||Himachal Pradesh||Jammu & Kashmir||Jharkhand|
|Uttarakhand||Uttar Pradesh||West Bengal|
(A) For more details about Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 2016-2020), kindly visit the official website of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt of India through the given below link.
(B) The candidates can also visit the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) official portal through the given below link. Here the user can check PMKVY Scheme Details, Assessment & Training Programme, Skill India Program Information, Guideline etc.
- Student Helpline: – 8800-055-555
- SMART & SDMS Helpline: – 1800-123-9626
- NSDC TP Helpline: – 92892-00333
Dear users, here we provided the complete details about PMKVY: Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (Skill Certification Scheme). If you have any query related this post then feel free to submit your comment below or contact our Team Members. Thanks for visiting ReaderMaster.Com (India’s First Encyclopedia in Hindi & English), stay tuned for more such contents.