Skill India is going to provide insurance cover to all the certified youths of “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PM Skill Development Scheme)”. They will also get a DigiLocker facility for easy access to Skil India Certificate. Skill India has introduced 2 new benefits- Accidental Insurance coverage and DigiLocker facility for PMKVY certified youths on August 28th, 2018. This new scheme will increase enrollment and encourage youth to take a skill development programme. Skill India is a flagship scheme of the central government. It does not only provide jobs to youths but it will encourage them to participate in skill development programs.
National Skill Development Corporation is currently implementing PMKVY (PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana). According to the existing rules of IRDA, 3 years of personal accident insurance involves death and permanent disability for a sum insured of Rs 2 lakhs. According to the PMKVY (2016-2020) scheme guidelines, each certified youth will be insured under the insurance covered scheme. Apart from this, the scheme is expected to provide hundreds of jobs by 2020.
Skill India Programme: PMKVY Certified Youths Get Insurance Cover & DigiLocker Facility
Central Govt has cooperated with New India Assurance to provide Central Accident Insurance Cover (Skill Insurance). Youths certified under PMKVY can access and download their certificates through the DigiLocker Portal. The primary focus is to make vocational training aspirational and encourage the youth to join Skill Development Programs. To convert India into a digitally empowered society and the knowledge economy, the certified youths will be given access to the Skill Certificates through the DigiLocker Portal.
New India Assurance Company Limited has created a Master Policy for all PMKVY Youths. These candidates will get insurance benefit with the validity of 3 years from the date of certification under PMKVY scheme. NSDC will pay a premium for insurance. NIA insurers will start a special toll-free helpline to address complaints.
How to Get Skill India Certificate of PMKVY Certified Youths via DigiLocker Portal?
The DigiLocker Platform is for the issuance and verification of documents and certificates in a digital way. This will eliminate the use of physical documents. For simplification, an online interface is being developed and operating between the NIA and Skill Development Management System managed by NSIC.
(Step 1st) PMKVY (2016-2020) aims to provide quality training for the construction of skilled and job-ready employees. It is being done to meet the needs of the industry. Digital India program is a key initiative for digital makers. For more information about Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY Insurance Cover and Digital Locker), kindly click on the link given below.
(Step 2nd) Here the Master Policy Number is being generated online and printed on the Skill Certificate. Training centers can download Skill Co-Insurance Certificates through an online platform. Accordingly, SDMS and candidate can access the skill certificate through the official website of the DigiLocker Portal. The link is mentioned below.
- Digilocker is Govt of India’s cloud-based platform for issuance and verification of documents and certificates digitally. With the help of DigiLocker, one can access their documents anytime, anywhere.
- Now you don’t need to carry Original Driving License & Vehicle RC anymore. Ministry of Road Transport & Highway has issued an advisory to all the States/UTs to accept digital DL & Vehicle RC presented through DigiLocker.
- Apart from that, Indian Railways now accepts Digital Aadhaar & Driving License from Digilocker as a valid Id proof.
- The New India Assurance Co Ltd Insurance Policies now available in DigiLocker Portal.
- More than 20 crores Educational Certificates now available in DigiLocker Portal.
How to Get a DigiLocker Account?
Signing up to DigiLocker Portal is a very easy process, all you need is your mobile number. Your Mobile No will be authenticated by sending an OTP (One-time Password) followed by selection a Username & Password. This will create your DigiLocker Account.
After your DigiLocker Account is successfully created, you can voluntarily provide your Aadhaar Number (Issued by UIDAI) to avail additional services.
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY): – Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme is an initiative of the Government of India to provide employment to the youth of the country and make them financially strong. The term “Skill” is meant to encourage the skill and purpose of the scheme by providing skill development and skill-based training to the youth.
- Under this scheme, beneficiaries who are successfully trained, evaluated and certified are given financially by the government. Under the Skill Development Scheme, several skill courses are being run by affiliate training providers.
- PMKVY is being run by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) while the National Skill Development Corporation is the implementing agency for this scheme. This scheme calls for increasing the skill training activities in the country to a great extent and enables skill training at a fast pace without compromising quality.
Dear users, here we provided the complete details about the Skill India Programme- PMKVY Certified Youths Get Insurance Cover & DigiLocker Facility. If you have any query related this post then feel free to submit your comment below or contact our Team Members. Thanks for visiting ReaderMaster.Com (India’s First Encyclopedia in Hindi & English), stay tuned for more such contents.