PM Narendra Modi has announced landmark hike in remuneration for ASHA, ANM, and Anganwadi workers. As per the announcement, routine incentives (Protsahan Rashi) given by the central government to Asha workers would be doubled. All Asha workers and their helpers can now avail free insurance cover under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana & PM Suraksha Bima Yojana. Increased remuneration would be effective from the month of October 2018. This is such a great step to encourage ASHA, ANM, and Anganwadi Workers across the country.
Prime Minister Modi has made interaction with lakhs of Asha, Anganwadi, and ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) workers through video conferencing. Now, PM has also increased honorarium being given to Anganwadi workers. Also, those Anganwadi workers and helpers who use techniques such as Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS) would also get additional incentives. As we all know that ASHA, ANM, and Anganwadi workers were demanding to increase their salaries for a long time. Now their demand is also going to be completed soon.
Increase in Remuneration for Asha/ANM & Anganwadi Workers
The important features and highlights of the decision to increase the remuneration of Asha, ANM and Anganwadi Workers are as follows:
(1) Asha workers who get encouragement amount (Protsahan Rashi) is now doubled
(2) Asha workers and helpers would get insurance coverage of around 4 lakhs for free. This 4 lakh insurance cover includes 2 lakh insurance coverage under PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Rs. 2 lakh insurance under PM Suraksha Bima Yojana. Moreover, all the Asha workers and their helpers will not have to pay a premium amount for this insurance and central govt would bear this cost.
(3) Also, the honorarium for Anganwadi Workers has been significantly increased:
- All those Anganwadi workers who used to get Rs 3000 so far, would now receive Rs 4500.
- Similarly, those workers who were getting Rs 2250 would now get Rs 3500.
- Anganwadi Helpers (Sahayika) would now get Rs Rs 2250 instead of the previous amount of Rs 1500.
(4) Prime Minister also announced that Anganwadi workers and helpers who use modern techniques such as Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS), would now get additional incentives. These incentives would range from Rs 250 to Rs 500 on the basis of performance of Asha, ANM, and Anganwadi workers.
Benefits of Increasement in Remuneration for Asha-ANM & Anganwadi Workers-
PM addresses these Asha workers, ANM, and Anganwadi Workers as “Apne Lakh Haath” and said that the primary focus of govt is to ensure quality “Health for All”. Immunization process of newborn babies and giving proper education to mothers is being carried out on a massive scale.
PM Modi also lay emphasis on proper vaccination to benefit both mother and children. Now the training process of Asha, ANM, and Anganwadi workers is now simplified with the introduction of new technology. PM interacted with teams of three as- the ASHA worker, Anganwadi worker and ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) from across the country through video conferencing.
He appreciated their efforts to work together, making use of innovative technology and to improve the delivery of health and nutrition services and achieve the goal of the POSHAN Abhiyan.
Dear users, here we provided the complete details about PM Modi Increased Remuneration for Asha-ANM & Anganwadi Workers. If you have any query related this post then feel free to submit your comment below or contact our Team Members. Thanks for visiting ReaderMaster.Com (India’s First Encyclopedia in Hindi & English), stay tuned for more such contents.