Cabinet Committee of Central Govt has approved “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM AASHA)” for farmers. This Umbrella Scheme includes the Price Support Scheme (PSS), Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS), and Pilot of Private Procurement and Stocklist Scheme (PPSS). PM Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan is another pro-farmer initiative which aims to ensure MSP for agricultural produce and compensate losses of farmers.
Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan is expected to provide benefits to the farmers for a long period of time. Central govt focuses on increasing the annual income of the farmers and to realize the dream of “Doubling Farmers Income by 2022”. Earlier, the central government has raised the MSP of all major crops to 1.5 times the previous cost. This crop procurement scheme is a historic step towards ensuring that the overall income of farmers gets increased as mentioned in Union Budget 2018-19.
Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM AASHA Scheme)
PM Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan scheme is launched to protect and augment the income of the farmers. This scheme will augment farmer’s income through a 3 pronged approach:
- Price Support Scheme (PSS): – Central Nodal Agencies along with State government will make physical procurement of pulses, oilseeds, and copra. The government will bear procurement expenditure and losses caused due to procurement up to 25% of total production.
- Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS): – All oilseeds for which MSP has been notified would get covered under PDPS. Farmers will be able to get a direct payment of the difference between MSP and Selling Price.
- Private Procurement and Stocklist Scheme (PPSS): – This scheme will involve the participation of private sectors in procurement operation to be piloted. In case of oilseeds, states have a choice to roll out PM AASHA Scheme on a pilot basis in certain selected districts.
While addressing a press conference, Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said that PM-AASHA scheme is an unprecedented step towards Doubling Farmers’ Income. It is a major boost to a pro-farmer initiative by the government.
Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan Complete Details-
Already existing schemes of the Dept of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) for procurement of paddy, wheat, and Nutri-cereals/coarse grains and of Ministry of Textile for cotton and jute will be continued. These crop procurement schemes of various departments will continue to providing MSP to farmers for these crops. Central and state government will continue to physically procure crops under Price Support Scheme (PSS).
- All notified oilseeds whose MSP has been fixed by the government would be covered under PDPS. In case there is a difference between MSP and Selling Price, then farmers would receive the price difference.
- The pilot phase of participation of private sector in procurement will be started. This pilot launch will help in understanding the benefits of the private sector in crop procurement.
- So, the government has launched Private Procurement Stockist Scheme (PPSS) on a pilot basis in selected district/APMC(s) of the district. It is similar to PSS, but here the commodities are purchased by private companies instead of public sector undertakings.
- In Pilot Districts, PPSS will substitute PSS, PDPS. The selected private agency shall procure commodities at MSP in notified markets in the notified period from registered farmers as per PPSS guidelines.
Dear users, here we provided the complete details about Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM AASHA Complete Details). If you have any query related this post then feel free to submit your comment below or contact our Team Members. Thanks for visiting ReaderMaster.Com (India’s First Encyclopedia in Hindi & English), stay tuned for more such contents.