Odisha Govt Starts District Palliative Care Program 2019-20: Odisha Chief Minister Mr. Naveen Patnaik has launched District Palliative Care Programme to be available in district-level hospitals. The facilities will be provided at district level health institutions including Capital Hospitals & RGH Rourkela in order to realize the commitment of a healthy & prosperous state. All the district headquarters hospitals (DHHs) will be developed with appropriate infrastructure for the program.
Palliative Care is given to improve the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problems associated with life-threatening diseases. All the patients will get both In-Patient & Out-Patient Services in this program. In another humane initiative, the Govt of Odisha will start home-based Palliative Care in Nabarangpur in 2 months which will be extended to all districts. The services will also be available for terminally ill suffering from Chronic Kidney Diseases, Stroke, Cardio Vascular Diseases, etc.
Odisha Govt District Palliative Care Program-
As we told you above that Odisha CM launches District Palliative Care Program For Capital Hospitals & RGH Rourkela. The important features of this palliative care program are as follows:
- DHHs to be developed for Palliative Care.
- 6 Bed palliative care units to be established in each DHH to provide facility-based palliative care services in each district.
- 10 Districts have already been provided with Rs 10.25 lakh each for infrastructure development.
- The state government has already provided training to 39 medical officers & 42 staff nurses in palliative care.
These trained persons will provide services at centers in 30 DHH, RGH Rourkela and Capital Hospital Bhubaneshwar.
CM @Naveen_Odisha launched District Palliative Care Programme which will be available in District Level Hospitals including Capital Hospital & RGH, Rourkela as part of commitment to realize #SusthaOdishaSukhiOdisha. DHHs will be developed with appropriate infra for the programme pic.twitter.com/S7593orJuy
— CMO Odisha (@CMO_Odisha) November 8, 2019
In-Patient & Out-Patient Services In Odisha Capital Hospitals-
The details of in-patient and out-patient services in Odisha Capital Hospitals & RGH Rourkela are as follows:
- In-Patient Services – These services include free specialist consultation, free drugs, consumables, free physiotherapy, counseling spiritual healing, emergency care services, nutrition support, patient follow-up and training to the caregiver.
- Out-Patient Services – These services include regular consultation by trained medical staff, training to caregivers, free drugs & consumables, physiotherapy services, counseling to patient & family, referrals to higher health facilities.
Induction and refresher training of medical officers and staff nurses and counselors will be taken up regularly to increase the proficiency of staff.
Users, here we have provided you the complete details of Odisha Govt Starts District Palliative Care Program For Capital Hospitals & RGH Rourkela. If you have any queries related to the above post then feel free to comment down below. We will assist you shortly. Thanks for visiting www.readermaster.com, stay tuned for more updates.