© Copyright - ReaderMaster.Com
Link PAN-Aadhaar Card Online & Check Status
Link PAN-Aadhaar Card Online at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in | Check Aadhar Number With PAN Card Linking Process-Status & Last Date
Link PAN-Aadhaar Card Online: It has become mandatory to link Aadhaar with PAN because if your Aadhaar is not linked to PAN then your income tax return will not be processed. Also, if you have to make a banking transaction of more than Rs 50,000, then you have to link your PAN with Aadhaar Card. Linking PAN card to Aadhaar card is very simple and the government has provided several ways to do this, which you can learn more about here. The last date for linking PAN to Aadhar Card is 30 September 2019.
According to the new rules, now the Aadhaar Number has been mandatory for the Income Tax Return File. For this, it is also necessary to have a link to Aadhar Card with PAN Card. If you did not do this then your PAN card could be canceled. But you do not have to worry. In this article, we’re providing you the complete process of linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Number. For this, kindly read the whole article carefully to the very end.
How To Link PAN-Aadhaar Card Online & Check Status
Linking PAN Card to Aadhaar Card is a very simple process. You can link your Aadhar Number with your PAN Card in two ways. The first method is to visit the official website of Income Tax e-Filling and then fill the prescribed form with some simple information and link it directly. And the other way is through SMS. All of this information will be forwarded to you in this post.
But before going into this linking process, please also keep in mind that both of the details must be identical to link PAN to Aadhar Card. Details such as name, birthdate, etc. All these details should be the same in both cards, only then the Link-PAN-Aadhaar-Card-Process will be done. If any details are different in both cards or there is a spelling mistake then the link will not be done. In this condition, first of all, you have to correct the details of both the cards. Once the PAN & Aadhaar card details are identical, then proceed in the linking process.
Income Tax e-Filing Official Website: Click Here
How to Link PAN Card With Aadhaar Card Online through Income Tax e-Filing Website?
People can link their PAN Card with Aadhaar Number online by following the steps given below:
- (Step 1st) To link your PAN and Aadhaar, go to the official website of Income Tax e-Filing Portal. The link is mentioned below.
- (Step 2nd) After clicking on the link given above, the PAN-Aadhaar Linking Form will open. Now enter your PAN & Aadhar Number in it.
- (Step 3rd) Also, enter your name in this form as mentioned in your Aadhaar Card.
- (Step 4th) If your Aadhar Card only mentions your birth year, then you have to tick on that class.
- (Step 5) Now enter the captcha code mentioned in the image for verification and click the “Link Aadhaar” button.
In the end, you will see a pop-up message that your Aadhaar is successfully linked to your PAN Card. If you want you can also request for an OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number instead of the CAPTCHA code.
Link Your PAN With Aadhaar Card via SMS-
To link your Aadhar Number with PAN Card through SMS, follow these simple steps:
- You have to type a message in the following format.
- UIDPAN <12 Digit Aadhaar Number> <10 Digit PAN Number>
- Now send this message to 567678 or 56161 with your registered mobile number.
(e.g. If your Aadhar number is 987654321012 and your PAN number is ABCDE1234F, then you need to type UIDPAN 987654321012 ABCDE1234F and send this either 567674 or 56161.)
Importance of Linking Pan Card with Aadhaar Card Number-
It is very important for all PAN Card holders to link PAN with their Aadhaar Card for the following reasons:
- All the PAN cards which are not linked to Aadhaar Number will be disabled after 30 September 2019. The government has made it mandatory to link all PAN with Aadhaar Number.
- Linking PAN to Aadhaar will help to deal with the problem of many PAN Card issued by the same name.
- If you do not have to link PAN with your Aadhaar Number, your income tax return form will not be processed.
- The user will get a brief description of the taxes imposed on him for future reference.
Read Also: Check EPF-PF Account Balance Online (Click Here).