© Copyright - ReaderMaster.Com
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme 2019 Telangana
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme 2019 Telangana | Facts On World's Largest Multi-Purpose Lift Irrigation Project | కాళేశ్వరం లిఫ్ట్ ఇరిగేషన్ ప్రాజెక్ట్
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme 2019: Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme is a Telangana Govt’s gift to entire India. This is the world’s largest multi-stage multi-purpose lift irrigation scheme coming from the brainchild of Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao. The new Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation project is expected to turn the parched and barren outback of Telangana into a verdant land of milk and honey. For the upcoming years, Kaleshwaram will remain a testimony of Telangana’s gift to the nation which is struggling to grow up the GDP ladder.
After solving all the interstate disputes, obtaining all clearances and permissions, overcoming all obstacles strategically within a short duration of 3 years, the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project is constructed by the Telangana Govt. Now there would be no more wastelands and no more thirsty throats. On 21 June 2019, CM KCR will inaugurate the engineering marvel Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project at Medigadda which is a moment of pride and honor for India.
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme 2019 (కాళేశ్వరం లిఫ్ట్ ఇరిగేషన్ ప్రాజెక్ట్)
Facts – As we told you above that Telangana Govt to start Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme for lifting water of Godavari river in phases from 92 meters to 618 meters. A project to ensure adequate water supply to 45 lakh acres agricultural land, thousands of industries & drinking water to hundreds of villages. The major benefits of this Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme are as follows:
- Water is supplied for 2 crops in a year to 45 lakh acres.
- 40 TMC of water through Mission Bhagiratha to supply safe drinking water daily to each household.
- Drinking water to be supplied to 1 crore population in Greater Hyderabad city daily.
- Supply of 16 TMC of water to thousands of industries in the state for industrial usage.
- Moreover, there is also an opportunity for Hydel power generation.
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project is world's largest lift irrigation project with 3 Barrages, 1531 km of Gravity Canals, 203 km of Tunnels, 20 Lifts, 19 Pump houses and 20 Reservoirs with total capacity of 147 TMC water irrigating 37 lakh acres#KaleshwaramProject pic.twitter.com/z5Tt08HQF4
— KTR (@KTRTRS) June 20, 2019
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme Project Records-
- Utilization of 139 MW maximum capacity pumps which were never used anywhere in the world.
- World’s longest tunnel route of 203 kilometers.
- Kaleshwaram is the one and only project which can lift 2 TMC of water every day. Efforts are on to lift 3 TMC of water from the year 2020.
- This is the only project in the world which caters to the water needs of 45 lakh acres of agricultural land, hundreds of industries and drinking water to thousands of villages.
- It is for the 1st time that water is lifted from Godavari river in phases from 92 meters height for the supply of water to farmland taking it up to 618 meters height.
One of the main reason for the construction of Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project is to get the state’s legitimate share in river waters. Telangana is geographically located 100 meters above the sea level and could not construct a dam across the Godavari to tap water. In case a huge dam was constructed, almost half of the Telangana and neighboring Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh would be submerged. So, the CM KCR led the Telangana government has conceptualized the Kaleshwaram lift irrigation scheme.
Stage-Wise Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme Process-
Here is the complete stage-wise lift irrigation process from 92 meters to 618 meters:
|Area||Height (In meters)||Lift Height (In meters)||Water usage in TMC|
Note – CM KCR is responsible for conceiving, designing, and execution of Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme in Telangana state. This is now considered as the “World’s largest multi-stage lift irrigation scheme”.
For more information about Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme 2019 Telangana: Click Here