Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam 2020: The marriage marks the start of a new chapter in the life of a young bride and groom. However, financially weak families find it rather challenging to arrange the money for organizing the joyous event. The Govt of Assam has launched a new scheme that offers financial assistance to the Hindu brides, who belong to financially weak categories.
The ‘Arundhati Gold Scheme’ has been aptly named after Goddess Arundhati. According to Hindu mythology, she is the wife of Sage Basistha. There are numerous temples of Rishi Basistha and Arundhati Devi in Assam. In this article, we’re going to provide you the complete details of Arundhati Swarna Yojana i.e. key features, the application process, eligibility, and required documents, etc. kindly read the full article to the end.
Arundhati 1 Tola Gold Scheme In Assam
The primary aim of the Assam government is to empower women with the implementation of this unique scheme. here check the short summary of the scheme:
|Name of the Scheme||Arundhati Gold Scheme|
|Launched In||Assam State|
|Launched By||CM Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Announced By||Mr. Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Date of Official Launch||Feb 2019|
|Official Implementation||1st January 2020|
|Target Beneficiary||Brides from EWS Families|
|Supervised By||Financial Dept of Assam Govt|
Key features of Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam-
- The objective of the scheme is to help the brides from poor families. The monetary grant can be used to arrange the wedding ceremony.
- Assam Govt has added a new benefit for the beneficiaries. The state Finance Minister said that each beneficiary will also be given Rs 30,000. The financial grant will be deposited in the beneficiary’s bank account.
- Each beneficiary will acquire one tola gold as a gift from the state govt. The estimated market price of 10 grams of gold is around Rs 38,000. The gold ornaments will be given to the respective beneficiary on the day of the social marriage.
- The State Finance Minister was happy to announce that the earlier financial allocation of Rs 300 crore has been raised to Rs 800 crore. The money will be utilized for providing financial and gold ornament to the beneficiaries of this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme-
- It is necessary that the applicants are legal and permanent residents of this state.
- The applying bride must belong to a Hindu family.
- Arundhati scheme will only allow the participation of female applicants who have completed the legal age of 18 years. The age of the groom must be no less than 21 years.
- It has been stated that if any interested bride wants to apply for this scheme, then she must have completed and passes the final examination of 10th
- The marriage needs to be registered under the Arundhati Gold Scheme, as mentioned in the Indian Constitution.
Note – The project guidelines highlight that the yearly family income of the applying bride needs to be either less than or equal to Rs 5 lakhs. In case the income is more than this, then the applicant will not get the benefits of this scheme.
Documents Required For Arundhati Swarna Yojana Assam-
- Age Certificates of Bride & Groom
- Academic Certificate
- Residential Proof
- Proof of Religion
- Marriage Registration Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account Details
Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme Application/Registration Process-
If you want to avail of the Arundhati Swarna Yojana, you have to register under the Marriage (Assam) Rules, 1954. Now after successful registration, the government will give Rs 30,000 for 1 Tola gold. As of now, no additional information has been shared by the Assam State Govt. The government is making the final preparations for the application of the project. The Chief Minister has not yet made an official announcement about the application process. It is expected that the details will be published after the implementation of the scheme. We will update the enrollment details as soon as the Assam Govt releases the official memo.
Users, here we have provided you the complete details of the Arundhati 1 Tola Gold Scheme In Assam 2020 Application Process. If you have any queries related to the above post then feel free to comment down below. We will assist you shortly. Thanks for visiting www.readermaster.com, stay tuned for more updates.