TN Amma Water Bottles Scheme 2019-20: Tamil Nadu government is going to introduce 750ml Amma Water Bottles and double its daily production. These smaller water bottles would be made of glass instead of plastic. Currently, around 80,000 one-liter bottles which cost Rs 10 each are sold to bus commuters & others on a daily basis. Many people leave behind half to full bottles without completely consuming water. So to reduce wastage, the state govt will bring up 750 ml Amma Water Bottle Scheme.
Amma Water Bottle was launched by late Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa to minimize the usage of single-use plastic. Now the Tamilnadu Govt wants to double the production of smaller glass water bottles. The cost of the 750 ml water bottles would be around Rs 5 to Rs 7. The production of Amma Water Bottles will be around 2 lakh units in a single day. In this article, we’re providing you the complete details of the Tamil Nadu Amma Water Bottle Scheme.
Tamilnadu Govt 750ml Amma Water Bottles Scheme
People on bus stands and railway stations purchase 1-liter water bottles but are unable to consume it. So to reduce the wastage of water and eliminate the use of single-use plastic, the TN government will start production of 750 ml Amma Water Bottles. These bottles are to be made with glass with each bottle cost is around Rs 7. Institute of Road Transport (IRT), an agency under the Tamil Nadu state transport department has already floated the tenders for Amma Water Bottles.
The tenders are to install necessary machines to manufacture 1 liter & 750 ml packaged drinking water at 2.4 acres Gummdipoondi campus for the next 5 years. Previously installed machines were found defected and so the production of Amma Water Bottle was affected. Now, the outdated machines would be replaced with high-end drinking water treatment plant, bottling plant, and testing labs.
TN Amma Water Bottle Scheme Made of Glass-
This installation of new Amma Water Bottle machines will ensure that there is no compromise on hygiene and estimate it for Rs 250 crore. On revamp, the production unit will be able to produce at least 2 lakh one liter and 750 ml bottles.
- These glass water bottles are to be distributed across 310 recognized selling points and to AC bus passengers run by State Express Transport Corporation (https://www.tnstc.in/).
- The last date to submit bids is 15 November 2019.
- Regular bus passengers in Tamil Nadu are quite impressed by 750 ml Amma Water Bottles Scheme.
- This is because of the smaller size of water bottles, lower cost and even glass bottles that can be reused in the home.
- The production company may appoint employees to sell Amma Water Bottle inside buses or trains just like private companies.
- Moreover, these companies may also provide water refilling stations which will further cut bottle cost to Rs 2 to Rs 3.
The low-cost mineral water scheme was earlier launched in 2013 by late Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa. This scheme was later expanded to some government hospitals for patients.
Users, here we have provided you the complete details of Amma Water Bottles by Tamil Nadu Govt. If you have any queries related to the above post then feel free to comment down below. We will assist you shortly. Thanks for visiting www.readermaster.com, stay tuned for more updates.